Monday, August 17, 2009

Being Mommy

As a new mom I never imagined how much my life would change. Growing up I always knew that I wanted to be a mom. In fact I guess you could say that this was one of my main goals in life. On March 16, 2008 I married the man of my dreams and we began our "fairy tale" life. Then in June we found out the we were expecting our first child.

I should have known that things would not turn out the way that I envisioned the day that I found out that I was pregnant. After taking about 5 pregnancy tests that all came out negative I had almost convinced myself that I wasn't pregnant, but there was this nagging thought in my mind that said "just take one more test". I had always thought that I would tell my husband in some creative romantic way when I found out that I was pregnant, but of course that it not the way it happened. So I went to the friendly neighborhood Walgreens and purchase a digital pregnancy test. After I peed on the stick I set in on the back of the toilet seat. I left it there and decided to take the trash out and complete some other tasks. Then I heard the garage door open. I had almost forgotten about the test so I jogged inside and grabbed the test. To my shock the test was not like all of the others. This one clearly read PREGNANT. I walked out of the bathroom dazed and test in hand. As my husband walked in the door I handed him the test. He looked at me and then at the test and then said "wow". So maybe this moment wasn't quite what I had expected, but it was the beginning of one of the most magical experiences of my life.

So I am writing this blog to share with other moms, moms to be, and women of all ages the adventure of being mommy and all of the things that I never knew. I hope to make this a place to share things that have worked for me as well as things that haven't. Mostly I hope to just share how amazing motherhood can be in even in the most trying times.

No comments: